- Solid Surface Bathtub
- Bathroom Vanity Cabinet
- Undermounted Sink
- Shower Trays
- Solid Surface Bathroom Countertop
- Solid Surface Worktop
- Solid Surface Stool
- Solid Surface Basin
[The hazards of artificial marble] How to choose artificial marble countertops
Artificial marble is made of natural marble or granite crushed stone as the filler, cement, gypsum and unsaturated polyester resin as the adhesive, and it is made after stirring, forming, grinding and polishing. It is a good countertop Material selection. High-quality artificial marble has unique advantages, but poor-quality marble will threaten human health.
Characteristics of artificial marble
Artificial marble is mainly formed by combining natural marble with some crushed granite stones of. They use cement, plaster and some unsaturated polyester resins to make adhesives for bonding. Such artificial marble has many colors to choose from, and there are many choices in size and specifications. No matter what specifications and sizes you want, you can choose artificial marble. However, due to their unstable performance, they will be deformed or broken after being subjected to excessive impact. Moreover, some bad impurities are added to it, which has great harm to the human body. At present, there are generally four kinds of artificial marbles commonly used in the market: clay artificial marble, polyester artificial marble, composite artificial marble, and sintered artificial marble.
The hazards of inferior quality artificial marble countertops
Because artificial marble is manufactured artificially, it has many disadvantages. In order to reduce costs, some manufacturers use inferior materials in the manufacturing process to apply harmful substances such as formaldehyde and benzene. Some even directly add organic solvents and use heavy metal inferior materials to produce a large number of 'toxic marbles'. The damage of artificial marble is mainly manifested in the pollution caused by inferior materials.
This type of board generally has a common feature, it has a pungent chemical smell, and the color is not natural enough. It will cause great harm to the human body. Formaldehyde and benzene will be in the future for a long time. It volatilizes within a period of time, and then enters the human body, causing great harm to the human body. At the same time, inferior artificial marble in addition to harm the body, its own characteristics are also relatively deviated, such as low hardness, fear of scratches, fear of coloring.
How to buy cabinet marble countertops
1. Listen to the sound of the stone. The percussion sound of a good quality stone is clear and pleasant; on the contrary, if there are slight cracks in the stone or the contact between particles becomes loose due to weathering, the percussion sound will be rough.
2. Use test methods to test the quality of the stone. Usually a small drop of ink is dropped on the back of the stone. If the ink is quickly dispersed and leached, it means that the particles inside the stone are loose or there are gaps, and the quality of the stone is not good. On the contrary, if the ink drops stay in place, it means that the quality of the marble stone is good. .
3. Observe the surface structure of the stone with the naked eye. The uniform fine material structure stone has a delicate texture, which is the best product of the stone, and the coarse and unequal grain structure of the stone has a poor appearance effect.
4. Measure the size specifications of the marble stone. So as not to affect the splicing, or cause the patterns, patterns, and lines to be deformed after splicing, and affect the decorative effect.
Nowadays, all kinds of marble quality problems frequently occur, especially some products that are not exquisite in workmanship, although the price is more convenient and the harm is more Large, so when we buy, we must not buy these poor-quality marbles because we are greedy for small and cheap, but we must carefully select high-quality marbles to create a healthy living room.