What are the characteristics of refractory countertops? The advantages and disadvantages of refractory countertops
Before understanding the characteristics and advantages and disadvantages of refractory board countertops, let's first get to know the high-quality selection of refractory board countertops.
Introduction of refractory board countertops
In the field, it is also known as thermosetting resin impregnated paper high-pressure laminate. It is formed by using kraft paper and other materials through the impregnation process of phenolic resin and melamine and the manufacturing process of high temperature and pressure. The surface of the formed refractory board has a certain It has excellent fire resistance and rich colors, and is widely used in furniture, interior decoration, cabinets and other fields.
The base material of the refractory board countertop is MDF, the finish is refractory board, and the thickness is generally 4 mm. Compared with natural stone, refractory board is more flexible and will not crack due to heavy blows. Its maintenance and maintenance are basically the same as other materials, and it is also very simple. From the structural point of view, the refractory countertop and the rear baffle are formed together at one time, which is called the conjoined type; the second is that the countertop does not have a water baffle, and is additionally equipped with aluminum alloy water baffle strips, which is called a combined type.
The advantages and disadvantages of refractory board countertops
The advantages of refractory board countertops:
1. Fire-resistant The board is bright in color and has a wide variety of colors.
2. It has the characteristics of fireproof, moisture-proof, anti-fouling, anti-scratch, abrasion resistance, acid and alkali resistance, high temperature resistance and easy cleaning.
3. Good environmental performance. For the production of refractory board, we choose ALC board, which is a kind of silicate material, which has relatively stable performance, is not easy to be aged, and has a long service life.
4. Simple construction. The molded refractory board has accurate dimensions. When we use it for processing, we can greatly reduce the use of manpower and material resources. We can use the dry construction method to make it, which is simple and fast.
5. Economical and practical. It can increase the use area, reduce the cost of foundation, shorten the construction period, reduce the cost of heating and air conditioning, and achieve energy-saving effects.
6. Sound absorption and sound insulation. Its thickness can reduce the noise by 30-50 decibels; the internal component material (EPS polystyrene particles) of the lightweight strip series has good sound insulation performance and sound absorption function.
7. Lightweight and high strength. It is 1/4 of ordinary concrete and 1/3 of clay bricks, which is lighter than water and equivalent to wood; cubic compressive strength ≥ 4mpa. Especially in the steel structure engineering, the use of ALC board as the enclosure structure can better exert its advantages of light weight, high strength, good ductility, and strong earthquake resistance.
Disadvantages of refractory board countertops:
1. It is easily corroded by water and moisture, and improper use will cause degumming, Serious consequences of deformation and substrate expansion.
2. Refractory board has the same length limitation as natural stone, and can not realize seamless splicing, and the gaps in the section joints are obvious.
The last thing to say is that because the refractory board cannot achieve the overall perfect seamless splicing, there may be the possibility of bacterial growth. In this way, when we buy refractory countertops, we must try our best to think in many ways, so as not to buy back refractory countertops and find that we don't like it and regret it.