- Solid Surface Bathtub
- Bathroom Vanity Cabinet
- Undermounted Sink
- Shower Trays
- Solid Surface Bathroom Countertop
- Solid Surface Worktop
- Solid Surface Stool
- Solid Surface Basin
The advantages and disadvantages of quartz stone countertops
Quartz stone countertops are one of the more mainstream countertop products on the market. So what are the advantages and disadvantages of quartz stone countertops? Let us take a look together below.
The advantages of quartz stone countertops
1. It is not scratched: the quartz content of quartz stone is as high as 94%, and the quartz crystal It is a natural mineral whose hardness is second only to diamonds in nature. Its surface hardness can be as high as 7.5 on the Mohs scale, which is much greater than sharp tools such as knives and shovel used in the kitchen and will not be scratched by it.
2. No pollution: Quartz stone is a dense and non-porous composite material manufactured under vacuum conditions. Its quartz surface has excellent corrosion resistance to the acid and alkali in the kitchen. It is used daily. The liquid substance will not penetrate the inside. The liquid placed on the surface for a long time only needs to be wiped with a rag with clean water or a cleaning agent such as clean and bright. If necessary, a blade can be used to scrape off the remaining material on the surface.
3. Durable: The shiny and bright surface of quartz stone has undergone more than 30 complex polishing processes, which will not be scratched by a knife or shovel, will not be penetrated by liquid substances, and will not produce yellowing. For problems such as discoloration, daily cleaning only needs to be rinsed with water, which is simple and easy. Even after a long period of use, its surface is as bright as a newly installed countertop, without maintenance and maintenance.
4. Environmental protection: the countertop made of quartz stone material guarantees high hardness, high temperature resistance, acid and alkali resistance, impact resistance, and easy cleaning, without any harmful radioactivity to human body element.
Disadvantages of quartz stone countertops
1. As a new material, its production and processing technology requirements are high, and it belongs to medium For high-end products, the market price for domestically produced products is generally around RMB 1,000, while imported products are generally around RMB 2,000.
2. Although more and more consumers recognize the quality of quartz stone products, the relatively high price hinders its promotion in the market. Because the quartz stone countertops are too hard, difficult to process, and the shape is too simple.
The basic common sense of quartz stone countertop maintenance
1. Do not put the high temperature or hot pot directly or for a long time on the countertop : Hot pots, hot pots, or other utensils that are too high in temperature directly from the stove, oven, microwave, etc. will cause damage to the countertop.
2. Try to avoid scratching the countertop with sharp objects during the operation: no matter what countertop you choose, you should cut vegetables on the cutting board to prepare food, in addition to avoiding knife marks, damage to the blade In addition, better sanitation can be achieved.
3. Keep the countertop as dry as possible: Keep the countertop clean, try not to soak or accumulate water for a long time, and keep the countertop clean and dry.
4. Strictly prevent corrosive chemicals from contacting the countertop: Try to avoid touching the countertop with corrosive chemicals in daily life. If you accidentally touch it, wash the surface with plenty of soap and water or consult relevant professionals.
The price of quartz stone slabs is relatively high. Due to the high production process cost, the quality of quartz stone countertops in the market is also divided into three Sixty-nine and so on, consumers must choose brand companies with better reputation and guaranteed service to purchase.